Hi guys! As you know it’s almost Cinco De Mayo. These are my top five tips for a healthy fiesta.
1. Eat rice with out chicken stock. Try this vegan and gluten-free recipe for avocado lime rice instead.
2. Eat beans with out lard. I’d use these gluten-free vegan black beans for nachos, burritos, rice, or on the side.
3. Go to a Mexican restaurant. A few that I like are El Cholo, Kay ‘N Dave’s and especially Gracias Madre. Ask the waiter for gluten-free and dairy-free options. They almost always have them – you just need to ask!
4. Don’t eat TOO much food or you’ll get a stomach ache and won’t have room for dessert. Save room for these gluten-free churros. Mmmmm.
5. Listen to Spanish music. Search YouTube for mariachi bands. You can make your own maracas at home too out of dried rice or beans and an old coffee tin or toilet paper roll.
Hope these tips help and enjoy Cinco De Mayo! Do you have any other tips of your own for making vegetarian Mexican food?
paulettemotzkoMay 3, 2015 11:02 pm
Reblogged this on Cooking Up a Storm With Miss Polly.
paulettemotzkoMay 3, 2015 11:03 pm
I have always wanted to make churns and yours look delish.
Have a great Cinco DE Mayo!
Leave a Reply