Today’s blog post is a recipe request from one of my most loyal fans, Sadie. She has requested – Wait! Hold that right there. Before I tell you that story, I have to tell you this story. Remember my mom’s friend Priya? She gave me the recipe for the yellow dal that I shared with you last week. Well, she also has a recipe to the most amazing dessert you will ever have – a recipe from a restaurant called Kitchen Mouse in L.A. for Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies. And when my mom had a bunch of her friends over one day Sadie tried Priya’s cookies and then just had to have the recipe. So she asked me to get it, review it and share it. And here it is. You can thank Sadie and Priya for the gift I am about to give you.
I love chocolate chip cookies! Who doesn’t? Today I am going to give you the recipe for the most delicious almond chocolate chip cookies ever. If you don’t believe me, you can try them yourselves. Trust me, your mind will be blowing up with exhilaration and delight.
On Saturday my mom had some meetings and a movie screening around the city and she left us with a babysitter we know well, Nicci used to be our babysitter when we were really little but she is kind of like part of our family now. Then, at night we had a new babysitter we had met and had been trying to find time for her to come hang out with us. Her name is Kim. It was a really fun day and Kim had the idea of cooking together so my mom made sure we had all the ingredients for Priya’s cookies.
My brother called my mom after her meeting and he said she said we could each have three cookies (which I later found out wasn’t true because she had said we could only have two). But because of how good these cookies were, I wasn’t too sad about my brother’s mistake.
I am not going to spoil the taste for you – you have to experience that on your own. But I will tell you one thing. If your eyes don’t bug out of your sockets, and you don’t want more and more, then you probably aren’t human! It’s that good! Here’s the recipe.
- 6 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (slightly heaping)
- 2 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened—make sure it is shredded and not ground or in flakes (slightly heaping)
- ⅔ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2½ cups maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons vanilla
- shredded coconut, for the top
- chocolate chips, for the top
- 1. Whisk together almond flour, baking powder, flax seed meal, and salt in a large bowl.
- 2. Add shredded coconut and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- 3. Pour in melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and form into a dough.
- 4. Refrigerate batter until chilled (optional).
- 5. Form batter into walnut size balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 6. Add more coconut and chocolate chips to the top (push down slightly), and bake at 325°F for 8 minutes.
KitakaMay 3, 2018 5:44 pm
These sound amazing! I can’t wait to try this one!
Pam KingsleyMay 4, 2018 6:39 am
They seem terrific. Thanks for sharing!!
NicciMay 4, 2018 10:44 am
Love this! Wish I had stayed longer so I could have tasted one (or three!) 😉
Leave a Reply